Coffee is one of the most popular beverage all around the world. According to recent stats, Americans consume 500 million cups of coffee every single day. The popularity of coffee is growing among people because of its benefits and instant refreshing effect. If you are a college student and always feeling lethargic, Coffee can be a boon for you. The US is the biggest coffee consumer in the whole world. You will probably find Starbucks in every corner. Coffee has become very essential to people’s life.
In this article, we’ll discuss all important aspects of coffee. We will also throw some light on what are the types of coffee makers, which is the best one to buy and much more. Read the complete article and if you have any doubts, let’s us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
5 Amazing Benefits of Coffee
1- Full of Antioxidants: Coffee is full of antioxidants. The unprocessed coffee beans contain more than 1000 antioxidants. Antioxidants are essential for the body, and so the coffee. Once the coffee beans get roasted the number of antioxidants get increased. So, next time you are confused among green tea, cocoa, and coffee. Pick the Coffee.
2- Increases Focus: Coffee is known of increasing focus. But, a lot of new studies have shown that it boosts your mental health as well. In a recent survey, it was found that people who had 3 to 5 coffee per day have 65% fewer chances of developing Alzheimer, later in their life.
3 -Coffee might curb cancers: There is no substantial evidence as such that proves that coffee deters the chance of having cancer, but still there is a lot of noise that supports that it reduces the chances of having the certain type of cancer, prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women. Researchers also have found that there is also some kind of link between coffee and lower rates of breast, liver and colon cancers.
4- Build your diabetes defense: 12% of Americans men over 20 have diabetes. That is indeed an alarming and shocking fact. There has been researching done by Harvard on more than 40000 men for 12 years that concluded that longtime coffee drinkers have less chance of having type 2 disease. So, if you have any diabetic history in your family. Start drinking coffee, it might decrease your chance of having diabetes drastically.
5- Weight loss: If you have put on a lot of weight and wondering how to lose weight, then coffee can help you out. Especially, green coffee. A study done of 16 overweight people for 22 weeks who took green coffee regularly concluded that coffee increases the probability of weight loss by 37.5%.
These were some of the fantastic benefits of coffee, probably that’s why coffee is so favorite all around the world. Now, let’s dive into coffee makers. Below are the some of the main types of coffee makers that you should know.
Types of Coffee Makers
Here are seven different types of coffee makers for personal use based on their process of making coffee.
1- Moka pot: IF you love espresso, this is the coffee maker that you should go for. This is one of the most popular stovetop espresso makers all around the world. Moka pot started from Italy in 1933. It brings the perfect combination of espresso and percolator coffee.
In the machine, you will have three bedded chambers for water, then grounded coffee and then finished brewed coffee. At the bottom chamber, the water is filled, and ground coffee comes in the middle one. When heat is applied, the water travels through the coffee grounds and brings the best espresso in the final chamber in a minute. Bialetti Moka is one of the most popular in this category.
2- French Press: If you love strong coffee and have less time that’s where Fress Press comes into the picture. It is also known as several other names like Press Pot, Coffee Plunger, Cafetiere, Coffee pot. So, if you are confused among all of them, no need to worry, they all work on the same process. This got started in France in 1958 and the most popular in the northern part of Europe.
When it comes to the process, here, hot water is poured into the grounded coffee, and that’s where the brewing happens, and after 3-5 minutes of stirring, plunger fixed with the mash filters out the residue and gives you the perfect coffee. It’s a great dark strong coffee full of antioxidants.
3- Percolator: Percolator coffee makers started in the 19th century. Earlier they were only used in the USA, but they have gone all across the world. They were specially built keeping safety and convenience into consideration. It’s a very conventional coffee maker where you can make around 4 to 12 cups of coffee at once. These coffee machines are built of aluminum or copper and very easy to use.
It has mainly two chambers, one is filled with grounded coffee and other with the water. Once the heat is given, the boiling water passes through the beans and this process you can repeat several times at your disposal till the time you are happy with the aroma.
4- Vacuum coffee maker: Vacuum Coffee Makers are very unique in its way. It emerged in mid 80’s in France and mainly used in Japan. These machines are mostly made up of glass and take a lot of time to produce a single cup of coffee. Here, the concept is to keep the temperature constant inside the chamber, so you get all the essential oils from it. It generally has three chambers lower chamber, an upper chamber, and filter.
Water goes in the bottom chamber and coffee at the top. Then, once the heat source is applied, it travels to the upper chamber and blends with coffee while some water remains in the bottom, boiling to keep the temperature constant. Once the heat is removed, it gets cooled quickly creating the vacuum. It takes a little bit more time than the usual coffee makers but gives you all possible antioxidants present in the coffee.
5- Drip coffee maker: Drip Coffee Maker is also a straightforward machine to use. It got started in Germany in 1954. It is popular among those who love filter coffee. This kind of coffee is prevalent among the southern part of India. This is a pretty simple machine to use. Here, we use the paper the filter on which the coffee is filled, and on the top of it, the hot water is poured. From the bottom, you get the filtered coffee. They are many people who prefer to use metal filters instead of papers ones.
To get the whole out of it, you have to slowly pour the water over it, so that beans oil gets absorbed by the paper and you get the best aroma out of it. These coffee makers can be used for personal and commercial use and come in different sizes. There are few drip coffee maker brands as well that comes with grinder also.
6- Espresso Coffee maker: Espresso Machines came into the picture in the 19th century and has been popular among coffee lovers since then. They come in three variety semi-automatic, automatic and fully automatic and might look intimidating at the starting. These machines use different pumps and pressure methods.
Pressure Method is used in automatic machines while the pump method is used in semi-automatic. The machine forces the hot water through the grinded coffee directly into your cup. You can have a great cup of cappuccino and latte with skimmed milk.
7- Thermal coffee maker: Thermal coffee brewer is based on the insulated carafe. The main difference between the conventional Coffee maker and Thermal one is that here the temperature and aroma of the coffee is maintained for a longer time. In other coffee makers, once you have the cup of coffee, it gets cooled. But in thermal, if you want one more cup of coffee after one hour, you are good to go.
Things to Know Before buying a Coffee Machine
Price: The range of personal coffee makers can vary from $50 to $500. So, it’s up to you how much you are willing to invest. This price variation happens depending on the brand. I would suggest that you should not go very cheap and very high at the same time. The best range is $100 to $150. At this range, you can really find a perfect coffee machine that will suffice you and give an ideal cup of coffee.
Though, with more price, the more features will come. So, decide what all features you want and what is the best deal with that specifications.
- Build Quality: You should also make sure that coffee machine that you are buying has the good build quality and looks stylish at the same time. It shouldn’t look like an old aluminum box. Buy one that looks good and makes a good coffee as well. Though Steel body last longer and plastic body coffee makers are kind of fragile. So, choose wisely which one suits the best for you.
- Check the brewing temperature: You should buy a coffee maker that can brew coffee at a higher temperature because of the high temp. Leads to better brewing and better aroma. The best temperature for brewing is between 196°F to 205°F. So, check the coffee maker specification and then only buy one.
- Consider the special features: If you are willing to invest more money. You can get a lot of new features in the machine. There is a lot of fully automatic machine that you can buy, you can set the timer and coffee will be ready at the right time. You can configure the machine with your smartphone so that you also get the notification as well. So, if you have any particular requirement as such. You can find a lot of options online.
- Mess-free: There are a lot of cheap coffee makers available. Cleaning them is a really messy process. You have to buy a coffee maker which is convenient and easy to use. You can quickly open the lid and clean it without a glitch. Buy a machine, in which you don’t have to clean the carafe daily. It will save your time, and you don’t have to open your machine daily.
Best Coffee Makers 2019
1- Technivorm Moccamaster
This is one of the best coffee makers you can buy in 2019. It comes with the glass carafe, and you can manually adjust the drip. It’s 1475watt and very easy to use. The machine is very quick and saves a lot of time. It can brew the whole carafe in 6 minutes. You can have a total of 1.25 liters of coffee that equals to 10, 40 Oz cups. The Dimension of the coffee machine is 14*12.75*6.50 inches. Below are some of the important aspects of coffee maker that you should know.
- It comes with a unique copper element which helps in maintaining the constant temperature between 196 to 205. So that, you have coffee with the best aroma.
- It comes with Auto Off. When the water reservoir is off, it gets switched off automatically.
- The Coffeemaker is very durable as it has a metal housing and phthalate free plastics.
- It doesn’t let the coffee cool very fast. You will have coffee with the optimum temperature for at least one and a half hour.
Does it have grinder attached with the coffee?
No, For grinding. You have to use the separate grinder.
How many numbers of cups, it can produce in one go?
One full pot, you will have 8 cups of 5 ounces each.
Can I take one cup of coffee while brewing is going on?
Yes, you can. It won’t affect the brewing process.
What is the auto shut off time?
It gets shut off in 10 minutes if not in use.
2- Cuisinart DCC-3200
The Cuisinart DCC 3200 is one of the most popular coffee makers on Amazon. The company claims that it has state-of-the-art technology so that you get the coffee with the best aroma. Its dimensions are 7.75 x 9.00 x 14.00 inches. It really makes your life easy with 24-hour programmability. It has an auto shutoff feature and comes with self-clean ability. It also has 1-4 cups setting that you can change at your disposal. Below are some of the important aspects of Cuisinart DCC 3200 that you should know.
- You can change the temperature accordingly and have a different level of coffee aroma.
- The stainless coffee maker looks very modern and stylish and adds a new look to your kitchen counter.
- It has a gold tone filter that you can use again and again. You don’t have to replace it paper filter.
- If you want a good coffee maker at around $100, this would be the best choice for you.
Is Carafe in this machine is glass or stainless steel?
It looks like of steel from the picture. But it’s actually made up of glass.
How long does it take to brew the coffee?
It’s pretty quick. You can have 8-10 cups of coffee in just 5mins.
Can I have hot water brewed for tea?
Yes, you can do that as well.
what is the height of the coffee maker once the lid is closed?
It’s 14.5″ from counter to cabinet space.
3- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Machine
This coffee is perfect for making espresso and suitable for single serving. It has unique patented extraction technology developed by the company itself that is known as centrifugation. The downside of the machine is that you have to use the Nespresso capsule with that. Any other brand won’t fix it. Below are the main features of Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Machine.
- If you like latte or cappuccino and it has Aeroccino milk frother for you that gives the perfect touch to your coffee, and you can enjoy a silky layer of milk on the top of your coffee.
- It has two capsules and comes with two cup size options, you can have 8 oz or 1.35 oz with this coffee maker.
- You would also get Nespresso Vertuo Capsule welcome kit once you buy it. It allows you to have a different variety of aroma.
- It also has brand recognition technology that keeps brewing parameter adjusted at its best.
- If you buy it from their official website, you become the member of their Nespresso Club that allows provides you 24*7 support in case you face any issue with the machine.
Can We use other pods as well?
You might try, but it’s not recommended as nespresson comes with very specific size.
Can I use if for making regular coffee?
No, It only works with Nespresso capsules.
Does it have frother as well?
Yes, You can make latte and cappuccino with this with silky milk layer.
Can I use it for making tea without pod?
No, you can’t. It doesn’t work without the capsule.
4- Ninja Coffee Bar (Discounted)
Ninja Coffee Bar is loaded with Auto-iQ Programmable technology where you get around 6 brew sizes and 5 brewing options. It has a glass carafe and removable water reservoir. It also has milk frother that allows you to make latte and cappuccino as well. Below are some of the varieties that you can try that includes Classic, Rich, Specialty, Over Ice and Cafe Forte. Below are some of the important things that you should know about this coffee maker.
- The choice of brew that you get over here, you won’t be getting with other coffee makers.
- Glass Carafe is big enough to make you 10 cups of 50 Oz. If you are having guests, within 5-10 minutes, you will have coffee ready for all your guests.
- It also has 2 hours auto shutoff feature that gives you more flexibility.
- It works on patented thermal flavor extraction technology that provides the rich coffee flavor and richness.
- You also get built-in frother as well that allows you to make various types of coffee.
- Removable dishwasher makes cleaning of the machine easier and messes free.
- The price of this coffee maker is below $100, and with its features, it is worth every single penny.
Can I use it for getting hot water?
Without putting coffee grinds, It won’t work.
What kind of programmable settings, you will get with this coffee maker?
It depends on how much coffee you want. You can have a single cup, a large cup of a full pot depending on the requirements.
How should I clean the frother?
It’s very easy to use. Read the manual before using it.
Can I delay the brewing?
Yes, it has a delay timer. You can start the brewing whenever you want.
5- BLACK & DECKER (Discounted)
This is the company that makes one of the most affordable coffee makers. You can have around 12 cups of coffee in a single use. Its control panel is easy to use. You also get indication through led lights. It also allows you to pause the brew in between and it gets auto shut off after two hours. Most people who want to buy a coffee maker for single use prefer it. Below are some main features of black and decker coffee maker.
- It comes with two years of warranty
- Machine is quite compact. Machine dimensions are 11.3*9*13.8 inches.
- It has nonstick hot carafe plate that you can easily take off and clean the machine.
- For safety, it has 2 hours auto shutoff so that you don’t have to worry about overheating.
- You can also see the water level through the front-facing transparent window.
How long the coffee stays hot in the machine?
For at least one hour, you will find the coffee at optimum temperature and use it.
What filter does this come with?
It has a standard flat bottom filter which gives around 12 cups of coffee in one use.
How long is the coffee maker cord?
You will have around 2 feet long cord with this machine.
What’s the temperature maintained by this coffee maker?
It has temperature holding between 175Fº – 185ÂºF. It will keep your coffee hot for at least one hour.
6- BUNN GRB Velocity Brew
This is one of the fastest coffee maker and time saver. It can make around 10 cups of coffee in just three minutes. It always keeps hot water ready so that when you want coffee, you can just have in 2 minutes. The dimensions of the machine are 14.8″*7.1″*13.8″.
In other coffee makers, it becomes very messy sometimes while pouring the coffee into the cup while here, you have auto dribble back to the carafe. So you won’t see any mess at the cup counter. Below are some of the important things that you should know about this coffee maker.
- It comes with multi-stream showers that allows water to spread evenly on coffee grounds so that you have evenly aromatic freshness in every cup of coffee.
- It has three years of warranty that already implies about its build quality.
- In single-use, It takes around 4 to 10 cups of coffee.
- The Main Service Center of the company is situated in Springfield, Illinois.
How much power does this coffee maker consume?
It makes very fast. It uses very less power. So, power consumption should not be a headache for you. You don’t have to keep it plugged it all the time.
How’s the taste of the coffee?
Taste of the coffee is really good. Its pot flavor is really good and refreshing.
What is the actual difference between gbr and nhs?
The difference is basically in size. The NHS is shorter and bit wider while FRB is taller and slimmer and square.
Is this Coffee made in the USA?
It is made in Creston, Iowa.
7- Hamilton Beach 49980A
This coffee maker is good for the single serving purpose, and you also get the two options to brew the coffee. You can have the single serve or full pot whatever is required. In full carafe, you will get around 12 cups. If you are going for single serve, you have to go for loose ground coffee or pods with disk-shaped pods. It won’t be compatible with K Cup packs. The Machine is of 950 watts, you get really strong coffee with a refreshing aroma. Below are some of the main aspects of this coffee machine.
- The machine is fully programmable and comes with auto shutoff. It makes the machine more secure and safe to use.
- You can make strong coffee or regular coffee at your choice.
- You can program the brewing time up to 24hours and get the coffee exactly at what time you want.
- The machine looks stylish and has solid build quality. It seems cool at your kitchen.
How do we keep coffee warm in the pot?
Coffee remains hot with carafe lid closed.
How does the programme work in the machine?
It works on both single serving mode and pot mode.
Can I use K Cups with this?
No, You can’t use K cups with this. You have to use only Senseo pods only.
Do we also get the travel cup with the machine?
No, you won’t be getting travel cup with the machine.
Bonavita is a very easy to use, a one-touch coffee maker that can make around 8-Cups of coffee in a single use. It comes with auto off so that you keep carafe lid, filter basket, and dishwasher from any kind of damage. It is 1500 watt heater, so you get the full extraction out of the coffee. It maintains optimal brewing temperature from 91°-96°C that keep coffee hot for a very long time.
It has a bit unique process of making coffee, here the machine has pre-infusion that wets the freshly roasted coffee properly. Below are some of the important things that you should know.
- Here, you will have better saturation and extraction as it comes with a flat bottom filter with the large showerhead.
- The plastic used in this machine is BPA free that provides you the fresh coffee.
- Dimensions of the machine are 12.4″*6.8″*12.2 inches.
- Steel lined carafe provides more durability. You also get two years warranty with the machine.
What is the length of the electric cord that we get with the machine?
The length of the cord is around 24 inches.
What kind of filters should I use with this coffee maker?
You can use 8-12 cup basket style cup filters. You can use any brand, doesn’t really matter.
What Volt should I use with this machine? 110V or 220V
The company recommends that you should use this with 120V in the US, Canada, Japan, and Mexico.
How tall is the machine?
It’s around twelve and a half inches tall.
9- Cuisinart DCC-1200
This is also one of the very popular product by Cuisinart and comes at a very affordable rate. It has a Classic metal design, and you can have around 12 cups of coffee with full carafe. The machine is designed ergonomically. It has a comfortable handle and has dripless pouring. You can pause the brew in between and start again whenever you feel like. The machine is easy to use, and you have three temperature options that you can change at your comfort. You can put low, medium or high temperature.
- The build quality of the machine is decent enough, and the plastic is entirely BPA free.
- It has 0 to 4 hours auto shutoff feature, and you can also choose between how many cups of coffee you want.
- It comes with a unique charcoal and gold tone filter that allows only coffee flavor to go down and you get the coffee with the best aroma.
- The Dimensions of the machine is 7.75*9*14 inches
- Heat adjustable warming plate and dishwasher safe pot makes it convenient to use.
What’s the maximum temperature that we can heat the water up to?
The temperature, you can use good enough to extract all the oils from coffee.
Am I getting mildew taste in my coffee? What to do?
Sometimes, it happens when the pot is not clean. So, clean the pot with water. You can use the vinegar as well. Then use it.
Can the coffee filter that comes with the machine be reused?
Yeah, it comes with the gold tone filter that you can use multiple times without any glitch.
Can I mount this machine on the wall?
Yeah, if you have a small shelf then probably, you can mount it over there.
10- Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew (Discounted)
Mr. Coffee also makes some pretty good coffee makers. It comes with a removable reservoir for easy filling. It holds the temperature for a while so that you can use for a longer time. The company claims that it brews 20% faster than the other brands and also taster richer. It also has the gold cone filter that eliminates the cost of a paper filter that you have to change again and again. It also has water filtration that removes chlorine from the water and makes the coffee tastier.
You can also set the time at what time you want the coffee, and the inbuilt program will take care of everything.
- It is easy to clean as it comes with basket lift out and removable water reservoir. It also has chlorine filter as well that makes it kind of unique.
- The carafe is made up of stainless steel that keeps coffee hot.
- It also has 2 hours auto shutoff, so that you don’t have to worry about the safety of the machine.
How’s the taste of the coffee?
That depends what kind of coffee, you put in.
Does the chlorine filtration necessary?
Yes, chlorine filtered water makes better tasting coffee.
Is the carafe made up of metal or plastic?
It is made up of metal. It’s a good coffee pot.
Does machine make any sound?
No, It’s quiet.