The year 2017 is remembered for Initial Coin Offering (ICO). The year was remarkable as people from all corners of the world took notice of cryptocurrencies.
Initial Coin Offerings or ICOs have gained immense popularity, which has now transformed into a multibillion-dollar industry.
In 2017, more than $5.7 billion was raised through ICOs, and only in the first few months 2018, there were 50 ICOs that successfully raised over 5 billion.
A total of 907 ICOs were raised in 2017, 438 of them being successful; 142 failing before the offerings; 276 failed right after raising funds.
To put it, ICO marketing strategy determines success and failure of your project.
- Create a Website
The very first step to have a successful ICO marketing is to build a website. Creating a site that is aesthetic and user-friendly can grab in users.
Experts in this industry say a website is the foundation of an ICO marketing strategy. A website is a place where people will get to know more about your company and this is where the trust is built and decide whether they wish to invest in your platform or not.
Here is a checklist for your website:
- Have a well-written and an easy-to-understand white paper. Make sure that your article is not copied from other white papers. Copying will lead people into believing that your ICO is a scam, making them think before carrying an investment.
- Keep your website modern in look, also have it clear and easier to navigate.
- Mention all you key members alongside add their LinkedIn profiles.
- Have a call-to-action (CTA) that will excite your potential investors.
Also read, Best Cryptocurrency Wallets
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is quite often neglected as part of an ICO marketing strategy; if you ignore this strategy, it is likely that your ICO will fail too. Implement on-page and off-page strategy that is well-researched and professional; it helps in overcoming a number of challenges, also providing ICO marketing solutions.
Few tips for Search Engine Optimization:
- Having an SEO that is executed correctly, you can ensure a cost-effective long-term source of interested and targeted traffic.
- SEO can either make or break an ICO project.
3. PR and Social Media reach
Public Relations are a tried and tested method of getting your ICOs message out there to the general public. The press release you create should be professionally written and included to the websites that matter the most.
This can either be done by hiring an ICO marketing agency or by doing it in-house. These marketing agencies often provide with experience and expertise that are a tool for effective marketing channel. Some sites publish your press releases free of cost, but the ones that are highly-reputed that guarantee the highest reach, often charge a premium.
Social Media platforms provide your ICO a broad reach with no significant cost. You can publish your ICOs on these platforms; they generate massive traffic to your platform.
Social media sites guarantee a wide-reach if you post updated on these platforms frequently. Here is a list of platforms that will help you in promoting your ICOs:
- Facebook: Although you cannot advertise your ICO, you might find groups, which are interested in learning more about cryptocurrencies. Build a strong and engaging community on this platform.
- Quora: Quora Discussions offer the most popular and latest threads with a high level of exposure and a pretty good opportunity to convey your ICOs message.
- Telegram: This is currently the fastest growing social media platforms and one where you have to be given a considerable amount of time to market your ICO.
- Reddit: A community that is well-informed and has the audience from all over the globe. Creating subreddits or even commenting on existing threads can garner a significant level of exposure.
You can also post your ideas via YouTube channels, containing informative and innovative thoughts in the video.
Also read, The Crypto Space Is A Void
4. ICO Listings
It is essential to get your ICOs listed on top-tier sites, as they are an integral part of ICO marketing strategies. These ICO listings are methods to gain visibility and credibility to your project.
Sites that usually rank higher, charge premium, but it is important for you to consider such things under your budget. However, there are a few sites that list your ICO for free but don’t really provide a more extensive reach as compared to top-tier sites.