Legends of Runeterra gameplay
Legends of Runeterra is a strategy card game that’s available for download on Google play store as well as App store. The game revolves around the mix and match of iconic champions, allies and regions of Runeterra. The aim is to unlock the unique card synergies and defeat the opponent.
- The gameplay is dynamic. You, as a player can always react and counter. However, your opponent can also do the same.
- You are required to choose champion cards that you’d want to include in your deck. Each card has different mechanics.
- These powerful champion cards enter the battle. The goal would be cross levels so that the cards become more epic. Playing better helps earn Champion Mastery crests.
- These champions come from regions like Demacia, Noxus, Freljord, etc. You’ll have to explore how these champions and regions work so that you have an edge over your opponent. You can proceed by choosing the region that you want to explore first. Following this, you can unlock spells and chests. Another advantage with unlocking chests is that they can also contain wildcards. You can turn it into any card that you want.
Legends of Runeterra all cards
Legends of Runeterra offers a range of cards for its players. There are certain categories that these cards fit into. They are cards based on regions, on their effects, rarities and so on.
- By region
As discussed above, each card belongs to a region. In this game, there are 8 regions at present. They are – Demacia, Noxus, Freljord, Piltover & Zaun, Ionia, Targon, Shurima, and the Shadow Isles. A player can have at most 2 regions in their normal game. This thereby puts a cap to the cards they can add to their deck.
- By in game effects
Cards in this category mainly fall into any of these sub-groups – Unit cards, Spell cards, Landmark cards, trap cards, skill cards.
- Unit cards: These cards bring a unit or a landmark on to the board. They are further split into followers and champions. There are some unit cards that can belong to a group. Within a particular group, cards interact with each other. The groups you can find here are Celestial, Elite, Yeti, Elnuk, Dragon, Tech, Poro, Sea Monster, Spider.
- Spell cards: These are the cards employed to trigger an effect. Here, you get the option of slow spells and fast spells. A point worth noting is that only 10 spells can be on the stack at a particular instant. Spells belong to two groups – treasure and celestial.
- Landmark cards: These are very much similar to units but cannot interact with the same mechanics as that of units. They also lack certain features like inability to attack, block, etc.
- Trap cards: They can be planted on a card to trap it. When this card is drawn by the player, the card’s trap effect gets triggered.
- Skill cards: These cards have the ability to enact a unit card’s text.
- By rarity
Evidently, these cards talk about how difficult it is to obtain them. Currently, there are 5 rarities: None, common, rare, epic and champion.
- By set
Cards are usually a part of a set. The sets that you’ll find here are – Foundations, Rising Tides, empires of the ascended and Call of the mountain.
You’ll also find cards based on game mode, cards with alternate art, cards with HD art, etc.
Legends of Runeterra beginner guide
When the match is about to begin, you draw four cards. Here, you have an option to second chance any number of them. With every round, you draw a new card and to be able to play cards you have to spend mana. Point to note is that each player only has a set amount each turn. As the game progresses, the mana increases. Hence, the players are now in a position to use more powerful cards or cast multiple cards in a turn. And after each round, the players alternate their roles between the attacker and the defender.
Legends of Runeterra budget decks
While playing, sticking to a gameplan is critical, without a doubt. This is where decks come to play. Choosing cards that are under budget but do not compromise on yielding the desired results is the key here. Some of the decks that you can choose from are –
- Bilgewater Aggro deck: This deck is cheap and doesn’t use Champions. It rather relies on the direct damage available to both Noxus and the brand new Bilgewater.
- Noxus Aggro deck: This comes in handy when the aim is to get rid of the opponent’s Nexus as quickly and savagely as possible.
- Shadow Isles Last breath: This mostly consists of common cards and allows you to kill your own units in exchange for some bonus.
Legends of Runeterra best champions
Picking the best champion for your deck is a part of the strategy. Some of the best champions that you can choose to pick are –
- Miss Fortune
- Aurelion Sol
- Twisted fate, etc.
Legends of Runeterra best region
This game has a range of regions to choose from. Which one is the best? Honestly, there isn’t an answer to this as this totally depends on your playing style and strategies in place. Each of these regions have their own flavours and uniqueness. Explore them in depth and then decide which region is the best for you.
Legends of Runeterra error 170000
Sometimes the players might find 170000 error code. This error code means that the servers are overloaded. Also, there’s nothing to worry as the players should be able to log back in shortly. Also, there is a possibility that this error code could mean there are ISP issues as well.
Legends of Runeterra how to use wildcards
The following steps are to be followed to use wildcard.
- Go to your collection and choose the option “Cards.”
- Then click on “Choose Unowned”.
Legends of Runeterra how to get card
One can collect cards in this game just by playing! As you keep playing, you can collect more and more cards. Levelling up, clearing quests, winning expeditions, etc. also help you get cards.
Watch the Video till End
Legends of Runeterra iOS