Since the last of a couple of years, the popularity of curved monitors has grown exponentially. These curved 4k TVs looks cool and provide the best possible immersive experience at home. Though these monitors cost much money than the flat ones still they are preferred mainly by gamers, video editors and tv experience enthusiasts. Before buying a curved screen, you have to make sure for what purpose you are buying it and whether you want to buy a curved tv, or you want a curved monitor. Because sometimes these 4k curved monitors can’t be wall mounted.
Samsung, LG, Acer, and Asus are some of the leading brands in the market. In this article, we will discuss all critical aspects of curved TVs, we’ll also focus on what are things to keep in mind before buying one? And the list of top 10 curved monitors based on our research.
In case, you have any question, don’t forget to let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible. Below are the Pros and Cons of Curved Monitors.
Pros of Curved TVs and Monitors
1. Immersive Experience: This is the forte of curved monitors. The science behind the curved screen is that when you watch something on the curved screen, your vision seems to be more wrap around because of its peripheral. It draws you deeper and gives you a better immersive experience. Though the level of immersion might vary depending on the size of the monitor and quality as well. If the tv is small in format, you will have less immersive experience through larger tv will lead to a better watching experience.
2. The depth of Field: Curved TVs give you a better sense of depth. Sometimes, people feel like instead of watching 2D, they are having this 3D experience. Your brain gets tricked because of its curved aperture. Companies also use the advanced technology that adjusts the contrast at a different part of the screen and leads to the enhancement in field depth.
3. Better Contrast: Contrast plays a significant role in deciding the picture quality. The Concept of a curved screen is somewhere similar to the satellite, and its convex panel focuses the light directly to your eyes, and that leads to better contrast quality. Curved Screens have around 1.5X higher contrast than the flat ones.
4. More full View of Angle: You also get a more comprehensive view of angle with curved TVs. Though On paper, it might look like that view of angle decreases it doesn’t. In Flat LCD TVs, you will see the reduction in color and contrast when changing the angle of view. But, here in curved TVs, you will have more room to adjust the viewing angle.
5. Curved looks better: Curved TVs look way cooler than the flat TVs. They took some piece of art. They are some new options as well that shows some wallpaper on the screen when your TV is off and looks like you a painting in glass mounted on the wall. Samsung makes really sleek monitors. So, you can buy a one and give your home a new touch.
Cons of Curved TVs and Monitors
1. Limited viewing angles: If you have a large sofa sprawled in your drawing room and you are sitting in the extreme corner, and you will probably have some issue in the viewing angle. This is the biggest problem in the curved TVs. This negatively affects the viewing geometry. So, If you have a big family and love enjoying the TV together. So, in that case, I would recommend either go for the biggest size TV or go for the flat ones.
2. Bigger is better: There is no point of buying a small sized curved TV. Immersive Experience will only be possible if you have a giant TV. This could be a big negative point because the big curved TVs cost a lot of money. According to some TV Experts, you should buy at least 65inch of TV if you are going for a curved one.
3. Reflection Exaggeration: If you have a well-lit room with a lot of light sources, you indeed going to face the reflection problem. Because of its curved shape, it will start giving a reflection. So, if you want a better experience, avoid all kind of direct light sources to the TV.
Things to keep in mind before buying a curved 4k Monitor TV
In this section, we’ll discuss the things to keep in mind before buying a curved TV. Because these items cost a lot of money and you don’t want to do any kind of mistake while investing that much money. So, below are some essential points that will give you better clarity, and you will make a better decision.
Warranty and support: This is one of the most important things that you have to check about the company. Check, how many years of warranty, you are getting on the TV? And how’s the service of the company? Samsung is known for its best services and support. Sometimes, these companies have good support in one area while no support in another. So, you have to make sure that whether your area is reachable to their service or not. When it comes to warranty, go with a TV with at least 2years of warranty.
Features: Also check all the features whether they are matching with your requirement or not. If you want to use it for gaming purpose, does it support you high-quality requirement or not? How many USB Slots are there and how’s the sound quality of built-in speakers and much more? So, make a proper list of what all the requirements you have and for what purpose you are buying the monitor specifically, then only go and buy one.
Price: Here, you can have a range of $500 to $5000, so you have to decide how much budget you have because there is no limit when it comes to spending money. If you are buying it for gaming purpose only then there is no point in spending so much money. If you want to use it for multi-purpose, then you can go for some high budgets Monitors. With more money, you will get the better picture and contrast.
Size: Size is also one of the main factors. In Curved TVs, bigger is better, and they cost more money. If you are buying it for personal use and small size monitor can work for you. If you are buying for your drawing room and you have got a huge family, and probably you should buy a huge size monitor. Before purchasing these monitors, also check whether they have a wall mounting option or not.
Best Ultrawide Curved Monitors
So, Here, we will talk about the best-curved monitors available on the market that you can buy. It will include 4k TVs as well. We have also covered some of the Frequently Asked Questions about the products that will probably solve your doubt in case you have any. You can also let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
1- Samsung S34E790C
This 34-Inch Curved Samsung Monitor is best for gaming and personal use. The monitor looks beautiful and comes with WQHD Cinema Wide. The setup of this Samsung Monitor is, and you can start using it in just 15mins. You will get all the cables required with the monitor. If you are using it for gaming purpose, use the display port instead of HDMI because it doesn’t support the 60Hz refresh.
This is basically a VA Panel it makes the color more intense and gives your perfect gaming and movie experience. Below are some of the essential features of the monitor that you would like to have a look at.
- The aspect ratio is 21:9 and most suited for the immersive gaming experience.
- It comes with Wide Quad High Definition that supports 3440×1440.
- You can adjust the height and tilt the monitor as well that provide you with a better ergonomic experience.
- It has 4-port USB hub so that you can efficiently manage your peripherals.
- You can split your screen and have a multi-source picture by picture viewing.
How’s the service quality of Samsung?
Samsung has one of the best support, but their service might vary depending on which place you live.
Can I connect this with MacBook thunderbolt port?
Yes, you can.
Is this a 4K monitor?
No, it is not a 4k monitor. 4k needs 4096*2160 resolution whether this one comes with 3440×1440 @ 60hz with 32-bit color.
How can I use this monitor with PS4?
You can connect your PS4 through HDMI Cable.
2- Acer Predator 34-inch Curved UltraWide QHD
This comes at no.2 because of its good user reviews. It is one of the best gaming monitors you can buy at this price. It comes with advanced technology and one of the first curved G-SYNC gaming monitor. It gives an amazingly immersive experience. This monitor has set the new standards with 100% sRGB color gamut. It also comes with 6-axis color adjustment which helps in delivering the best picture quality. Below are some of the critical points about the Acer Predator Ultrawide monitor.
- It has a 34inch display and comes with a 21:9 aspect ratio. It also gives the wide 178degree viewing angles.
- You won’t face the problem of screen stuttering or screen tear as it comes fully loaded with NVIDIA G-SYNC.
- It has 3440*1440 resolution that makes objects look sharper, and you get good experience especially in gaming.
- The monitor comes with one display and one HDMI port.
What are the actual dimensions of the monitor?
- Width: 32.5″
- Height: 14.75″
- Side bezel thickness: 1/8″
- Bottom bezel thickness: 1.”
Does Display Port cable included with monitor or I have to buy it separately?
Yeah, you will get the display port cable, but it is concise. If your monitor is far then, you can go for longer cable and that you have to buy separately.
Can I mount it on the wall?
Yes, it comes with Vesa mount point. You can use the universal VESA mount that comes with multiple holes. If you are not sure about the fitting, then I will suggest you call someone from the service center, they will help you in mounting it on the wall.
Does it come with an eye tracking feature?
3- ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34″
This comes at the third position in our top 10 curved monitor list. This panel also comes with NVIDIA G-Sync technology with 1440 IPS. The OSD is phenomenal. The panel gives superb picture quality with 100Hz refresh rate. If you are a gaming enthusiast, then this could be the best option for you because you will have an excellent immersive experience with this. Below are some of the essential features of this monitor that you must know.
- It has ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ration that provides better immersion.
- You can quickly change the panel settings with the joystick behind the monitor.
- Asus is also known for its excellent quality of service if you don’t have a Samsung service center in your area, then you can surely go for this one.
- It also has eye caring technology that decreases flickering and blue light so you can use it for a longer time without getting affected.
- It has a lot of features like ASUS Game Plus, VESA Wall Mount and it also comes with three years of warranty.
Can I wall mount this monitor?
Yes, you can, It comes with 100*100 VESA Mount.
Will this support the New ps4 pro which is compatible with 4k?
This monitor is the only 2k, but this PS4 Pro will work with this.
Will I be getting the port cables with the monitor as well?
Yes, you will get all the required cables that include Display Port 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and USB Cables as well.
How is the support of the company in case i face any issue?
Though they don’t have their service centers in all the areas. But If you have a support center in your area, you will probably not face any problem.
4- Acer XR382CQK bmijqphuzx 37.5” UltraWide QHD
This is ultra full monitor can be used as a TV as well. This is 37.5inches wide and comes with a 21:9 aspect ratio. You get an epic gaming and movie watching experience. It also has 100% RGB and DTS Sound that gives perfect entertainment. Below are some of the crucial features of Acer XR382QK that you would like to have a look at.
- You can split the monitor in multiple screens that will allow you to be more productive while working.
- It supports 3840 x 1600 QHD and FreeSync AMD Display.
- It has a response time of 5ms, Refresh Rate of 75Hz and Pixel Pitch is around 0.229mm.
- It comes with multiple input and output sources so that you don’t have to hassle around with peripherals.
What is the actual height of the screen?
The monitor screen is 14.5″ visible vertical. Diagonally, it’s 37.5″ long.
What is the weight of the monitor without a monitor?
The monitor weighs around 17.2lbs without the stand.
Can I mount this on the wall?
Yes, you can. It supports 100*100 VESA Mount.
Can I use this monitor with GTX 1080?
You will face problems, you can’t free sync GTX 1080 with the monitor.
The BenQ is a 35″ Curved monitor suitable for your gaming. Its ultrawide screen gives perfect immersive experience. It’s one of the most popular monitors by BenQ Company and has received excellent reviews on Amazon. It comes with a 2000R curvature that gives you super wide view, you can easily immerse yourself in the gaming. Racing games give you a really epic experience with this. It has 2560*1080 resolution with the fast refreshing rate. Below are some of the important aspects of this monitor that you should know.
- You can use it for a longer time, and it doesn’t give strain to your eyes.
- It has high-quality graphics driver which gives you smooth picture quality with 2560*1080.
- The monitor also lowers the blue light that reduces the flicker which leads to the color vibrancy and black equalizer.
- You will have three game modes with this monitor that includes PIP and PBP.
Does this support the G-Sync Technology?
No, It doesn’t support the G-Sync.
Will, it supports the resolution of Xbox games properly or will it bring black bar things on the side?
It completely depends on the game resolution and software ability. According to the user, with most of the games, you won’t face any problem. But few will bring those black bars to adjust the aspect ratio.
Can I remove the stand and mount the monitor on the wall?
For this, you have to buy the BenQ VESA Mount Adaptor to make it work. It’s available on the Amazon at the very affordable rate.
What is the response time, I would be getting with this monitor?
The response time of the monitor is 4ms GtG.
6- LG 32UD99-W
This 32-Inch 4K Monitor comes at no. 6 in our top curved monitor list. This is an ultra high definition IPS Monitor. The monitor has very good color consistency, and you don’t face any problem with wide viewing angles. Its 4k display is, and you get very smooth picture quality. When it comes to port, it has USB Type C that can be used for data transfer, video display,, and laptop charging. Below are some of the important aspects of this 4k LG Monitor that you must know.
- You won’t face much contrast variation issue while changing your viewing angle.
- It has a wide viewing angle that 178 top bottom and 178 right left.
- It comes with DCI P3 Color Standard(95%).
- You can adjust the pivot and stand ergonomically at your comfort.
- Build Quality is superb,, and it looks very cool. It is only 1.33mm thick with brightness peak of 550nits.
Will I get USB Cable C with the Monitor?
No, You have to buy it separately.
Does It support the VESA Mount?
Yes, It supports 100*100 pattern,, VESA Mount.
How’s the service of LG Company?
If the support center is available in your area, you will find an issue with the services of the company.
What is the bit rate of the monitor?
It is 8 bit plus FRC.
This is also one of the decent product from LG Company. It is 34inches wide and comes with a 21:9 ultrawide aspect ratio. The monitor also supports QHD IPS thunderbolt that you can connect with compatible and transfer the data at very high speed. Below are some of the important features of LG 34UC98W.
- It has USB3.0 which gives you quick charging, and you don’t have to wait for very long.
- You can also split the screen and have a productive user experience. It has some display presets and also comes with PIP Mode.
- It has 99% color calibrated sRGB that gives better sharpness and smooth picture quality.
- You can also adjust the height and tilt the screen ergonomically.
- The Monitor is the best option if you are into gaming. I would not recommend it if you want to use it for drawing room to watch a movie with your family.
Is this suitable for gaming?
Yes, it will give you an epic gaming experience. The Kind of immersion, you will feel with this monitor will be seamless.
How much monitor weight without the stand?
Without the stand, the monitor will weigh around 6.2kg.
Can I raise the monitor up and down?
Yes, you can easily change the height of the monitor ergonomically and use it at your comfort.
Can I use it book with my MacBook Pro?
Yeah, it works well with MacBook pro. You won’t face any problem in case there is a difference in Hertz. MacBook Pro has a good enough graphics card to push the pixels in the best quality.
This 34inch Dell monitor comes at eighth position. This is one of the most popular Dell Monitor in this range. It provides good quality immersive experience. The monitors work on a 60Hz frame rate with full 3440*1440 High Definition. You also get consistency in colors though changing the viewing angles up to 178degree. Below are some of the important aspects of the monitor that you should know.
- It has multiple connection ports like HDMI 2.0 and 3.0, MHL, Display Port, mini-display port, audio out and 18W internal speakers.
- You can also adjust the whole system ergonomically with tilt and swivel. Height is adjustable up to 115mm.
- Sound Quality is superb and gives a high base that adds a new touch to your immersive experience.
- You can also customize your layout and use multiple screens in the panel at a time. Dell Easy Arrange helps you in dragging your preferred location easily.
- You can use the single screen as multiple pcs by splitting, and that really helps when you are working on many projects simultaneously.
Does it come with matte or gloss finish?
This comes with a matte finish.
I want to go for three years warranty. How can I extend that?
You can directly go to the Dell Official website and apply for extended warranty. http://www.dell.com/support/assets-transfer/us/en/19#/Identify
What is the difference between 1900R and the 3800R?
You will get bigger curvature with 1900R
How’s the picture quality of this monitor in comparison to the 4k?
I would say picture quality of this monitor is pretty good. It’s not always about the resolution, aspect ratio also makes the difference.
9- Samsung CF791
This 34inch curved widescreen monitor is loaded with quantum dot technology. It has sRGB 125% colors with 21:9 aspect ratio. The curve of the monitor is deeper that provides better vision. It is suitable for watching movies as it allows for a more cinematic look. It comes with a 100hz refresh rate that reduces the flickering and stutter of the screen. Below are some of the features of the Samsung CF791 that you should know.
- It comes with 2 HDMI and 1 Display port with high performance that you can connect with your PC directly.
- The Monitor is, and that makes it look cool. It looks like a piece of art when you mount it on the wall.
- Samsung claims that it comes with advanced technology that reduces the light leakage and delivers the best possible contrast.
I heard that text quality is not good with this monitor.
By Default settings, you get sharpness level of 75. You can change the settings, and it would look perfect.
Does this monitor come with “retina” sharpness?
To get the retina sharpness, pixel density has to be 200. But, this one comes with 109. So, you won’t have retina sharpness. But Picture quality is superb, you will feel like as if you are watching the 4k.
Is this compatible with VESA adapter mount?
Yes, VESA adapter comes included once you buy the monitor.
Can I use this monitor with my surface pro?
Yeah, you can use the monitor with a surface pro without any problem. Windows automatically adjusts the display resolution when your monitor is connected to the laptop.
This is one of the best curved 4k monitors by LG. You will be literally amazed by the quality of the picture with this monitor. As it is 4k, it comes with 3840 x 2160 resolution with color sharpness and seamless contrast. Color hardware and calibrator works together to bring up every color into life. It comes with USB Type C cable which does charging, data transferring at the same time at higher speed. The monitor has 5ms of response time and comes with 60Hz refresh rate. Below are some of the technical aspects of the monitor that you should know, we have also covered the frequently asked questions below.
- RGB Color: It has RGB 99% that gives better sharpness and contrast.
- Split Screen: You can also split the screen and increase your productivity.
- Best for Gaming: Have the fantastic gaming experience with 4k UHD Resolution. It comes with free sync technology.
- Black Stabilizer: It increases the color quality, and you see the movies in a better way. While playing the games, you can easily find the enemies hidden in the dark.
- Perfect Design: It comes with an arcline stand with sleek build quality. You can also adjust the height, tilt it at your disposal.
What is the difference between this model and 27ud68p Panel apart from $200 difference?
You will see some improvements in calibration and color accuracy of the monitor.
Does it have a built-in webcam?
No, It doesn’t.
Can I use it with MacBook Air?
Yeah, you can easily use it with MacBook air with superb picture quality output. With Mac OS Sierra, you get 4k 60Hz.
Can I extend the warranty and How’s the support of the company?
Yes, you can extend the warranty by mailing to the LG. LG Support is good if they have a service center available in your area.